Where You Come From Matters
We come from nearly two decades of experience, excellence, and uncompromised dedication to building value, relationships and a track record of proven success.
And it all begins with our founder Vinnie Johnson. Since 1995, Piston Group has evolved from a small-corrugated pallet manufacturer into one of America’s leading Value Added Assembly companies. Today we tackle some of the automotive industry’s most complex, challenging projects, including advanced electric and hybrid vehicle battery systems.
And while we are proud of our history, we have never lived in the past. Our eye is constantly on the future. That is why we’re still growing, still building, and still working hard every day to be better than the day before.
We prefer making history rather than talking about it but here are some highlights:
- Piston Automotive is founded by Vinnie Johnson in the heart of the Detroit Empowerment Zone
- Piston Automotive is certified by the Michigan Minority Supplier Diversity Council (MMSDC)
- Piston Automotive hosts the White House Community Empowerment Conference
- Piston grows to employ over 150 individuals within the Empowerment Zone
- JL Automotive founded as a joint venture with Lear Corporation
- Piston earns QS9000 Certification
- Piston Modules, LLC established as a joint venture with Continental Teves
- PASA Modules established as a joint venture with Sachs Automotive
- Redford, MI facility opens
- Liberty, MO facility opens
- Louisville, KY facility opens
- Toledo, OH facility opens
- North Kansas City, MO facility opens